This electronic book contains Joint Commission International (JCI) survey process details in effect for surveys starting 1 January 2011.
The new Joint Commission International Accreditation Hospital Survey Process Guide
is a must-have resource to help your hospital prepare for international accreditation and maintain continuous standards compliance. The guide contains step-by-step instructions to help all levels of staff prepare for the international survey process by providing advice and tips on what to expect before, during, and after a survey; worksheets to help facilitate the survey process; explanations of all steps in the survey process; a description of the documents that hosptials need to have ready for a survey; and discussions of key concepts in a survey, such as tracer methodology, the scoring process, and how accreditation decisions are made. This book is available in electronic (PDF) format, so it is easily accessible to all staff at all times.
Following are the features that are new to this edition:
- Explanation of how hospitals should comply with the new on-site survey process beginning January 2011
- Discussion of the Accreditation Decision Rules that will be in effect on 1 January 2011
- Discussion of the updated Scoring Guidelines
- Inclusion of updated standards and measurable elements from the new fourth edition of the Joint Commission International Accreditation Standards for Hospitals
- Explanation of tracer methodology and its importance to the on-site survey
- Inclusion of a complete list of the documents hospitals should have available in English for the document review session
- Explanation of the new Improvement in Quality and Patient Safety System Tracer and the new QPS Monitoring Plan: Measures Documentation Tool to help hospitals assess ongoing compliance with quality improvement and patient safety measures
- Clarification of Undetermined Survey Activities